High School Education English Language Arts
Area V Transfer Student Pre-Professional & Elective Courses (19-23 semester hours)
Hours approved by the STARS approved Area V guide for English/Language Arts: 9 Semester Hours
Alabama Community College System Course/ UAB Equivalent / Semester Hours
- ENG 251 American Literature I /EH 223 American Literature / 3
- ENG 252 American Literature II /EH 224 American Literature II / 3
- ENG 271 World Literature I /EH 217 World Literature I / 3
- ENG 272 World Literature II /EH 218 World Literature II / 3
Remaining semester hours should be taken from:
- MCM 100 - Introduction to Mass Communication / CMST 103 Survey of Mass Communication / 3
- MCM 102 - Writing for the Mass Media / CMST 210 Newswriting & Reporting / 3
- PSY 200 - General Psychology / PY 101 Intro to Psychology / 3
*Students must earn a "C" or higher in all English courses.
|Title||Director, Office of Student Services|
All students interested in obtaining a "Class B" certificate must make application for admission to the Teacher Education Program prior to the term in which they are completing prerequisites to the Teacher Education Program.
Please print this document and attach it to the English/Language Arts Articulation Guide. Together, this document and the articulation guide comprise the articulation agreement for a major in High School Education with a Concentration in English Language Arts at the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
Name: ___________________________________________ Date: __________________________