Kinesiology P-12 Physical Education Concentration
Area V Transfer Student Pre-Professional & Elective Courses (19-23 semester hours)
Hours approved by the STARS approved Area V guide for Kinesiology: 13 Semester Hours
Alabama Community College System Courses/ UAB Course Equivalents / Semester Hours
- BIO 201 Human Anatomy & Physiology & BIO 202 Human Anatomy & Physiology II / BY 115 Human Anatomy & BY 116 Human Physiology / 8*
- HED 230 Safety & First Aid /CHHS 140 First Aid / 3 OR
- HED 231 First Aid / CHHS 140 First Aid / 3
- HED 221 Personal Health /CHHS 141 Personal Health / 3 OR
- HED 224 Personal /Community Health / CHHS 141 Personal Health / 3
- PED 200 Foundations of Physical Education / KIN 136 Intro to Physical Education / 3
Remaining semester hours should be taken from:
- MTH 265 Elementary Statistics / MA 126 Calculus II / 4
- PED 103 or 104 Weight Training / KIN 115 Weight Training / 1
- PED 140 Swimming or PED 141 Swimming or PED 148 Lifeguard Training /KIN 101/ KIN 102 Aquatics Courses / 1
- PED 106 Aerobics or PED 107 Aerobics Dance or PED 108 Aerobics Dance / KIN 131 Aerobics / 1
*Students must complete a two-course Anatomy and Physiology sequence (BIO 201 and 202) for this major. Because there is no UAB equivalent to BIO 201 and 202 individually, students transferring from Alabama community colleges should take both BIO 201 and 202 at their community college or wait to begin this sequence at UAB. Students must earn a grade of “C” or higher in all math, science, and major courses.
|Title||Director, Office of Student Services|
All students interested in obtaining a "Class B" certificate must make application for admission to the Teacher Education Program prior to the term in which they are completing prerequisites to the Teacher Education Program.
Please print this document and attach it to the Physical Education Articulation Guide. Together, this document and the articulation guide comprise the articulation agreement for a major in Kinesiology with a Concentration in Physical Education Teacher Certification at the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
Name: ___________________________________________ Date: __________________________