Master in Public Health with a Concentration in Population Health
The MPH in Population Health is a generalist degree that will train current public health or healthcare professionals to plan, design, implement, monitor, and evaluate public health programs and community-based interventions. This track is an individualized track that will allow students to pursue a public health degree that can be tailored to their own interests and career goals.
Upon admission into the program and under the guidance of their program coordinator, students will pick five unique competencies that best fit their personal and professional goals from amongst courses offered in each of the Departments.
Coordinated Degrees with other Graduate Programs
We offer students a wide range of coordinated degree options. Students can combine a Public Health MPH with 12 professional degrees such as business, law, medicine, nursing, pharmacy, optometry, public administration or social work. Students are admitted separately to each program. Students must complete the MPH Core plus 10 credit hours of MPH focus courses for a total of 30 credit hours in addition to the other program's curriculum requirements. Twelve credit hours from the other curriculum are credited toward the MPH degree for a total of 42 MPH credit hours. We also have a coordinated Master of Science in Public Health (MSPH) / MD with the UAB School of Medicine.
Students may complete the MPH degree program totally online, in class, or through a mix of online and in-class experiences. Out-of-state students taking online courses pay the same tuition rate as Alabama residents. The admissions processes are conducted separately, and admissions decisions are made independently by each school.
|Coordinated Degree Programsfirstname.lastname@example.org||RPHB 130||(205) 934-4993|
- (DVM/MPH) Coordinated Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (Auburn) / Master of Public Health
- (JD/MPH) Coordinated Juris Doctor / Master of Public Health
- (MBA/MPH) Coordinated Master of Business Administration / Master of Public Health
- (MD/MPH) Coordinated Doctor of Medicine / Master of Public Health
- (MD/MSPH) Coordinated Doctor of Medicine / Master of Science in Public Health
- (MPA/MPH) Coordinated Master of Public Administration / Master of Public Health
- (MSHA/MPH) Coordinated Master of Science in Health Administration / Master of Public Health
- (MSN/MPH) Coordinated Master of Science in Nursing / Master of Public Health in Maternal & Child Health Policy & Leadership
- (MS in Nutrition Sciences/MPH) Coordinated Master of Science in Nutrition Sciences, Dietetic Internship / Clinical Track/Master of Public Health
- (OD/MPH) Coordinated Doctor of Optometry / Master of Public Health
- (MSPAS/MPH) Coordinated Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies / Master of Public Health
- (MSW/MPH) Coordinated Master of Social Work / Master of Public Health
- (Pharm D/MPH) Coordinated Pharm D (Auburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy) / Master of Public Health