These requirements apply to UAB's major in Biomedical Engineering including the concentration in Sustainable Engineering Design & Construction
Area V Transfer Student Pre-Professional & Elective Courses (27 semester hours)
Hours approved by the STARS approved Area V guide for Civil Engineering: 11 Semester Hours
Remaining 16 hours should be completed with:
Alabama Community College System Courses/ UAB Course Equivalents
- CHM 111 College Chemistry I (4 hours) / CH 115/116 General Chemistry I & Lab (4 hours)
- CHM 112 College Chemistry II (4 hours) / CH 117/118 General Chemistry II & Lab (4 hours)
- EGR 125 Modern Graphics for Engineers (3 hours) / ME 102 Engineering Graphics (2 hours)
- EGR 157 Computer Methods for EGR Using MATLAB (3 hours) or CIS 251 C++ Programming (3 hours) / EGR 150 Computer Methods in Engineering (3 hours)
- MTH 265 Elementary Statistics (3 hours) / MA 180 Introduction to Statistics (3 hours)
|Name||Andy Sullivan, MS|
|Title||Undergraduate Program Director|
Students declaring their intention to major in Civil Engineering may be classified as pre-engineering majors until they fulfill specific academic requirements. For a complete description of admission and other school wide requirements see the School of Engineering section of the Undergraduate Catalog http://catalog.uab.edu/undergraduate/.
Please print this document and attach it to the Civil Engineering Articulation Guide. Together, this document and the articulation guide comprise the articulation agreement for a major in Civil Engineering at the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
Name: ___________________________________________ Date: __________________________