These requirements apply to UAB's major in Materials Engineering including concentrations in Biomaterials, Metallurgy and Polymer Matrix Composites
Area V Transfer Student Pre-Professional & Elective Courses (28 semester hours)
Hours approved by the STARS approved Area V guide for Materials Engineering: 22 Semester Hours
Remaining 6 hours should be completed with:
Alabama Community College System Courses/ UAB Course Equivalents
- EGR 157 Computer Methods for EGR Using MATLAB (3 hours) / EGR 150 Computer Methods in Engineering (3 hours)
- Science/Math/Engineering elective (3 hours) - Various courses will be accepted including:
- BIO 103 Principles of Biology I (4 hours)
- Chemistry courses at levels above what is required in Areas III and V
- Physics courses at levels above what is required in Areas III and V
|Name||Haibin Ning, PhD|
|Title||Undergraduate Program Director|
Students declaring their intention to major in Materials Engineering may be classified as pre-engineering majors until they fulfill specific academic requirements. For a complete description of admission and other school wide requirements see the School of Engineering section of the Undergraduate Catalog http://catalog.uab.edu/undergraduate/.
Please print this document and attach it to the Materials Engineering Articulation Guide. Together, this document and the articulation guide comprise the articulation agreement for a major in Materials Engineering at the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
Name: ___________________________________________ Date: __________________________