High School Education Social Science
Area V Transfer Student Pre-Professional & Elective Courses (19-23 semester hours)
Hours approved by the STARS approved Area V guide for Social Studies Education: 9 Semester Hours
Alabama Community College System Course/ UAB Equivalent / Semester Hours
- SOC 200 Introduction to Sociology /SOC 100 Introduction to Sociology / 3
- HIS 201 U S History I /HY 120 The U S to 1877 / 3
- HIS 202 U S History II /HY 121 The U S Since 1877 / 3
Remaining semester hours should be taken from:
- POL 211 American National Government /PSC 101 Introduction to American Government / 3
- POL 220 - State and Local Government / PSC 221 American State and Local Government / 3
- GEO 200 - Geography of North America / GEO 221 Geography of North America / 3
*Students must earn a C or higher in all history courses.
|Title||Director, Office of Student Services|
All students interested in obtaining a "Class B" certificate must make application for admission to the Teacher Education Program prior to the term in which they are completing prerequisites to the Teacher Education Program.
Please print this document and attach it to the Social Science Education Articulation Guide. Together, this document and the articulation guide comprise the articulation agreement for a major in High School Education with a Concentration in General Social Sciences at the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
Name: ___________________________________________ Date: __________________________